About the client
The Customer was currently hosting their SAP application in their own local Data Centre on premise and was planning for a version upgrade for their SAP ECC. The Customer was also nearing their hardware refresh cycle and they wanted to evaluate all options such as security, availability, scalability on demand, optimized spend and without compromising on the overall performance. The ability to scale at will on demand and optimize costs across different time frames were the key factors for the Customer to decide on their future data centre.
CK conducted technical requirement gathering workshops to understand the details of the requirement such as the SAPS info, technical specs of the infrastructure, timeline for moving away from their current DC, the current spend & expected budgets. Accordingly, CK recommended optimal infrastructure sizing and also cross-verified the same with the SAP vendor. CK implemented the network design and architected the AWS infrastructure with the required solution, within the boundaries of recommended AWS best practices. AWS CloudTrail & AWS Config were also enabled immediately after launching the infra environment. The QA environment was provisioned first to let the SAP vendor migrate from ECC4 to ECC7 and also allowed the Customer to perform detailed tests on the environment with sample data. Once the tests were satisfying, the Production environment was provisioned. Data migration for the Production environment was carried out by the SAP vendor with necessary assistance from CK. Post-go-live, 24×7 support was initiated immediately through CK’s seasoned Managed Services offering.
- Deliverables were provided on/before the committed deadlines
- Implemented a highly secure and stable infra setup on AWS
- 24×7 monitoring through ArcusTM platform for infra monitoring and managing the Cloud Resources
- Cost Optimization suggested within the first quarter of going live
- Costs are definitive and controllable
- Simplicity and transparency of cloud infrastructure setup and costs facilitated for Customer
- Migrate the QA environment, test & then migrate the Production environment
- 24/7 Managed Support Services