Fundamentally, we believe there are two crucial aspects to learning a new technology:
- Theoretical knowledge – learned from reading content, watching videos, and/or a human explaining the concept to you in person via a course or virtual meeting
- Practical knowledge – can only be learned from implementing the actual technology in a controlled environment, known as lab activities. Honestly, practical knowledge is King!
At CloudKinetics Learning, we have 6 modalities of learning:
1. Standard vILT Courses – common courses delivered by just about any tech training company today. vILT is training delivered in a virtual or simulated environment, or when instructor and learner are in separate locations. Virtual instruction environments are designed to simulate the traditional classroom or learning experience. Within these courses, multiple lab activities are conducted to increase the learner’s understanding of the technology.
a. Most courses from our list of standard vILT courses can be customised.
3. Stand-alone Lab Activities – any suite of lab activities utilised in the standard vILT courses CK teaches and can be accessed as a stand-alone tool for learning.
a. Access is granted for specific period of time over a specific duration (e.g. 10 hours access over 30 days)
b. Learners can practice, practice, practice; break and reboot the practical lab activities in a sandbox as they learn. No reason to impact your systems as employees learn new tech.
4. Custom Lab Activities – same lab activities as above, except the stand-alone lab activities are customised to emulate the clients’ working environment and/or using client data (redacted as required).
a. Most lab activities suites from our list of standard vILT courses can be customised.
5. Mentored Lab Activities – while practical knowledge is paramount, and predominantly required when one practices the concept (hence practical), having a seasoned expert guide you through the difficult components is extremely beneficial.
a. Learners can request a 1-hour mentoring session in association with many of the stand-alone and custom lab activities.
6. Traditional Classroom Courses – if you prefer that we deliver any of our Standard vILT Courses in a physical classroom, we have options and can be at our premises, your offices, or a 3rd party location.