This is not a pure consultant role, nor is it a pure selling role. It is an individual with a unique application
modernization and cloud native application architecting expertise, hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry
business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using a mix of public cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) that will align well
with the desired outcomes to be produced.
In this role as an data & analytics cloud engineer, you will work with our customers in architecting, developing and
re-engineering data architectures that can fully leverage the cloud. Achieving success will require coordination
across many internal practice, pre-sales and delivery teams as well as customers.
Cloud Kinetics is niche cloud transformation company headquartered in Singapore, with offices in India, Indonesia,
Thailand, Malaysia and the US. We are a team of 300+ professionals globally and our customers include medium to
large global enterprises. Our service lines include niche advisory, high value consulting services, readiness
assessments and technical design work in the areas of cloud migrations, application modernization and data
engineering. This is an excellent opportunity to join our exciting team working with some of brightest engineers
and cloud specialists.
- Bachelor’s level technical degree required
- Computer Science or Math background preferred
- Master’s degree desired
Mandatory Job Requirements
- Core professional expertise in: Platform Architecture, Data Pipelines Architecture, Infrastructure Deployment and Management
- 5+ years of enterprise grade data engineering, pipeline and data lake/warehouse architecting
- Ability to envision & implement the complete “source > analytics > visualization (insights) > predictive” flow.
- Experience in any of big data technologies and frameworks: Spark, Spark Streaming, Kafka/ Kafka Streams, Hadoop, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Airflow, Jupyter, Parquet, ORC, AVRO, Lambda, Kappa, Data Lake.
- Familiar with NoSQL Databases, Data platform and Machine learning and have experience with JVM based technologies and frameworks
- Experience in at least one modern data visualization tool like Tableau, PowerBI, QuickSight etc.
- Possess advanced knowledge in at least one programming language such as Python, Scala, R as well as SQL & Bash.
- Background with different platforms and a strong focus on backends / Big Data / Analytics Solutions
- Experience with building traditional Cloud Data Warehouses, Data Lakes and worked on previous projects with Containers and Resource Management systems: Docker, Kubernetes, Yarn.
- Designed and implemented a set of ingestion workflow to parse, transform and validate input data
- Provide technical guidance for the support team and communicate with customer on every phase.
- Pay strong attention to detail and deliver work of high standard
- Result-driven and show high level of resilience and enjoy finding creative solutions to problems.
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Experience in a customer facing role driving discussions with business and technical personnel regarding design, development and architecting best practices
- Able to work in a diverse team
Must have skills
- Architecting and developing customer data analytics flows to be cloud optimized
- Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams
- Advising and implementing best practices for cloud-native solutions
- Working as both an infrastructure and application architecture specialist
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Verbal and written communications skills and ability to work effectively across organizations
- Min. of Architect level certifications from one of more cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure) is preferred
Good to have skills
Help customers architect scalable, modernized, highly available application solutions that leverage cloud
|Job Category||Cloud Technology|