We are looking for a passionate Cloud Solution Architect to be based in Singapore and support engagements across ASEAN as required. This is a pre-sales engineering role where you would need to build trust with customers, leading to successful deal closures. You will be responsible for all aspects of the solutions engagement, including architectural design sessions, driving proof of concept, project engagements as well as initial implementations. The successful candidate has a strong start-up mentality and experience, as well as proven track record within a cross-cultural multi-national corporation.
The essential responsibilities of Cloud Solution Architect are to combine business acumen, industry experience and broad technology expertise to work with Customers to develop and execute a strategy resulting in optimum virtualized infrastructure or Cloud solutions.
This position involves analysing IT requirements for customers projects and designing of appropriate architecture so that the solutions are implemented in accordance with the clients requirements and industry standards. Whilst, the position requires primarily architectural work (dealing with all components of an IT environment: server, network, security, storage, systems management, integration, backup and recovery), it is expected that the successful candidate also understands these technologies at a deeper level.
The position will be required to work with other technology architects, IT specialists, application developers and operations staff to ensure an appropriate solution is designed. You will need to be able to understand and balance requirements from diverse sources in complex environments and translate these into robust solution and infrastructure designs.
- Work with business sponsors to understand business strategies and objectives
- Collaborate with partner account teams to identify prospective infrastructure and cloud opportunities
- Develop technical objectives and requirements to achieve business goals, develop proper business cases respective to the industries and prospects
- Translate business requirements into technical architectures & methodologies
- Develop high-level and detailed-level technical architecture for solutions, leveraging leading frameworks, approaches, and languages
- Develop high-level and detailed-level Proof-of-Concepts process
- Lead solution design and oversee deployment efforts
- Architect infrastructure and cloud solutions to meet the customer’s business challenges
- Be responsible for delivering assessment services and consulting services to the customers
- Assist and validate infrastructure and cloud compatibility and viability with original architecture and design
- Work closely with different parties to architect end-to-end hybrid cloud solutions
- Builds and influences relationships with vendors, partners and customers
- Be an industry advocate for Hybrid Cloud Adoption – participate in customer/vendors briefings and events speaking opportunities
Experience and Skill Sets
- At least 5 years of experience in designing solutions deployed in either Enterprise, Mid-market / Corporate, or SMB environments (Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Backup & DR, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge in Digital Transformation, Cloud Migration, well-architected Cloud Framework, Day0-1-2-3 Cloud Ops in the market.
- Excellent business acumen with strong ability to map business requirements to technical solutions
- At least 5 years of experience of working knowledge of public clouds solution provider (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Strong ability to position Enterprise, Mid-market / Corporate, or SMB vs rest-of-world proposition versus other industries
- Strong Experience with disaster recovery solutions, business continuity, and backup solutions.
- Advanced knowledge on VMware, Microsoft, Linux/UNIX
- Solaris/HPUX/Mainframe knowledge is an added plus
- Advanced knowledge in storage technologies (SAN, NAS, block, object, JBOD, RAIDs)
- Experienced in Networking concepts.
- Knowledge in Big Data, Analytics, Application Modernization, and other edge computing technologies
- Knowledge in distributed file systems (blockchain)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS AND SOFT SKILLS
- have at least 5 years of experience in designing / implementation / consulting of large-scale private / public / hybrid cloud infrastructure solutions
- have attained professional certifications in the following areas with at least 5 years of industry experience in: AWS / Azure / Google Cloud / VMware / GCCI
- have strong knowledge of Container & Modern technologies (Dockers, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Google Cloud Anthos)
- are experienced with enterprise database solutions (Cloud SQL, RDS, Oracle, MSSQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis Enterprise, DB2, MariaDB, SAP HANA)
- possess the knowledge of DevOps techniques and Agile practices
- are proficient in multi-tiered architecture, design and implementation
Communication / Negotiation
Communicate and provide advice to CxO level discussion. other professionals, effectively utilize group dynamics. Negotiate to define approaches and goals. Lead or join the technical focus discussion for engagements daily to propose and design technical write-ups & SoW for clients business requirements, and ultimately build an effective business case.
Design solutions in an integrated complex and heterogeneous environments. Define integration architecture, able to articulate architecture decisions. Communicate customer requirements. Validate SoW and service estimates. Develop high level design, detailed design, and SoW. Support presales process.
Work as a team player and have no issues to be supervised remotely with the same expected quality of work.