We are looking for a passionate Cloud DevOps Solution Architect to support engagements across regions as required. This role will be based in Malaysia. This is a pre-sales engineering role where you would need to build trust with customers, leading to successful deal closures. You will be responsible for all aspects of the technical engagement, including architectural design sessions, driving proof of concept, project engagements as well as initial implementations.
Specifically for this role, we are looking for a DevOps Architect to support our engagement on managing our technical engagements regarding any kind of software development process discussion and modernization discussion on delivery pipeline that assists in building software more efficiently. The responsibilities of a DevOps Architect include assessing, supporting, and implementing high-quality Information Technology architecture for our Customers.
The successful candidate has a strong entrepreneurship mentality and experience, as well as proven track record within a cross-cultural multi-national corporation, and should be able to self-motivate and work as a team whenever required.
The candidate must be self-motivated and show initiative to research, identify, design, develop, and promote solutions that enhance the modern development environment.
Candidate impacts functional strategy by owning and developing DevOps practice and pillar solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that position the company competitively in the industry. It is expected that the successful candidate also understands these technologies at a deeper level.
The candidate will provide hands-on experience with building enterprise CI/CD architecture to support the Customer’s software development team as part of integration, test automation, security testing, and deployments.
The candidate will be expected to design large-scale Enterprise DevOps inquiry / engagements in our presales team. The candidate shall demonstrate extensive knowledge in best practices, system design, continuous integration, continuous delivery, automation and configuration tools, testing, tool integrations. The candidate shall demonstrate knowledge of container orchestration, cloud solutions and services in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Possess active professional DevOps certifications (AWS / Azure / Google Cloud / industry standard)
- 5+ years of experience in designing solutions deployed environments (Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Backup & DR, etc.) on public clouds solution provider (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- 3+ years of experience and strong knowledge in Digital Transformation, Cloud Migration, well-architected Cloud Framework, Day0-1-2-3 Cloud Ops in the market.
- 5+ years of experience supporting GitOps / DevOps / DevSecOps
- Strong knowledge of Container & Modern technologies (Dockers, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Google Cloud Anthos)
- Hands-on experience with implementing GitOps using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Git
- Solid experience with PaaS using Red Hat OpenShift, Google Kubernetes Engine or other Kubernetes platforms, and Docker containers
- Experience with Helm
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, CloudFormation, Deployment Manager, Terraform)
- Experience with software development using modern front end technologies, Microservice architecture / RESTful web service, API Management, relational databases, or SQL
- Experience in Service Mesh technologies such as Istio or OpenShift Service Mesh.
- Knowledge in Big Data, Analytics, Application Modernization, and other edge computing technologies
- Experience migrating legacy applications to containerized solutions such as OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring, scalability, application reliability tools
Day-to-Day Role Responsibilities
- Work with business sponsors to understand business strategies and objectives
- Collaborate with account teams to identify prospective opportunities
- Develop technical objectives and requirements to achieve business goals, develop proper business cases respective to the industries and prospects
- Translate business requirements into technical architectures & solution
- Develop high-level and detailed-level Proof-of-Concepts process
- Architect infrastructure and cloud solutions to meet the customer’s business challenges
- Be responsible for delivering assessment services and consulting services to the customers
- Assist and validate infrastructure and cloud compatibility and viability with original architecture and design
- Work closely with different parties to architect end-to-end hybrid cloud solutions
- Builds and influences relationships with vendors, partners and customers
- Be an industry advocate for Hybrid Cloud Adoption – participate in customer/vendors briefings and events speaking opportunities
- Drive and lead delivery of DevOps Transformation engagements & solution approach for clients
- Lead DevOps strategy and assessment consulting engagements for various clients
We believe your profile & experience speaks more than a long list of educational backgrounds.
Other Desired Skills
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Ability to communicate with senior executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of strategic importance to the organization/project.
- Ability to negotiate and compromise to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches of the area.
- Experience in conducting training sessions and presentations